Using external SMTP setting

Chat about VFEmail.net feature requests here!

Moderators: Havokmon, linkchaser

tslwin

Using external SMTP setting

Post by tslwin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Rick,

Are there any setting available for sending emails using external smtp server? means similar to Gmail setting they allow to send mails using some external corporate smtp server rather than own email smtp server (your smtp just forward to next smtp servers, simliar to this I think)? In gamil smtp setting just need to send use local or external smtp server and user name/password for authentication. Purposes are just to logs some smtp activities, and make sure to hanlde send mails by 3rd party outsources. Or can you allow send mails using your smtp servers first (for certain timing- 4 hrs) and if failed, forward to our own smtp server to handle mail retry for next 48 hrs purposes?

Thanks

Havokmon
Site Admin

Re: Using external SMTP setting

Post by Havokmon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:24 am

tslwin wrote:Hi Rick,
Are there any setting available for sending emails using external smtp server? means similar to Gmail setting they allow to send mails using some external corporate smtp server rather than own email smtp server (your smtp just forward to next smtp servers, simliar to this I think)? In gamil smtp setting just need to send use local or external smtp server and user name/password for authentication.
I assume you mean from the web interface? Not at this time, but you can use any email client with the service, and change that email client to use your own SMTP Server.
tslwin wrote: Purposes are just to logs some smtp activities, and make sure to hanlde send mails by 3rd party outsources. Or can you allow send mails using your smtp servers first (for certain timing- 4 hrs) and if failed, forward to our own smtp server to handle mail retry for next 48 hrs purposes?
Thanks
I have no idea how I would send a retry to a 2nd SMTP Server. That's an interesting idea though, especially if the SMTP server is blocked by RBL.

Alternatively, I'm working on a 'manager' interface that would allow you to save a copy of all incoming and/or outgoing email (for yourself and your subordinates/kids). Not sure if that suits you or not.

Rick
VFEmail.net Admin

tslwin

Re: Using external SMTP setting

Post by tslwin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 pm

It is best that we can set external smtp as a backup server. Are there any such setting in process?

Thanks