Automatic login

Chat about VFEmail.net feature requests here!

Moderators: Havokmon, linkchaser

ben

Automatic login

Post by ben » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:41 pm

I wish I could set it so that I could automatically login to the webmail, so that I didn't have to type in my email address and password each time. I'd gladly give up the security for a little convenience....

ben

Havokmon
Site Admin

Re: Automatic login

Post by Havokmon » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:11 am

ben wrote:I wish I could set it so that I could automatically login to the webmail, so that I didn't have to type in my email address and password each time. I'd gladly give up the security for a little convenience....

ben
You need to have your browser save your username and password. That's a user side thing, not anything I have control over. Maybe in the past when the browser asked you if you wanted to remember your username/password you said 'never for this site'?

Rick
VFEmail.net Admin

linkchaser

Question on Posting without Login Verification

Post by linkchaser » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:09 pm

Rick,

I was kinda concerned recently when I could see that anyone could post to this forum without being required to login.

Wondering if a required login would help stop a lot of this type of spam posting. :roll:

Dj

Havokmon
Site Admin

Re: Question on Posting without Login Verification

Post by Havokmon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:56 pm

linkchaser wrote:Rick,

I was kinda concerned recently when I could see that anyone could post to this forum without being required to login.

Wondering if a required login would help stop a lot of this type of spam posting. :roll:

Dj
I thought so too - but a lot of the spam has been posted with created accounts.....

What I need to do, IMHO, is remove URL support entirely. There are usually only one or two posts a day though, and I think I get them pretty quick.

Rick
VFEmail.net Admin

linkchaser

Thoughts on Forum as well as Email Spam & a Good Link!

Post by linkchaser » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Hi Rick,

yeah I see what you mean about those who create accounts just to spam.

Too bad that it's not possible to create a major surge of energy that will reach out and "touch" the yahoos who continue to wreak havoc on the internet. :twisted:

I think it would probably save you a lot of headaches removing the url support. I know that I've got a contact addy on this machine should something go wrong.

By the way, I just recently found this addy to send Spam to the FTC and they are compiling data and bringing lawsuits over people. In case you are interested here is the info:

FTC Unveils New E-mail Address for Deceptive Spam: Spam@uce.gov

The FTC’s spam database has served as the basis for FTC cases involving pyramid schemes, money-making chain letters, credit card scams, credit repair scams, bogus weight-loss plans, fraudulent business opportunities, and other scams that were promoted via email.

To learn more about how to avoid spam scams and reduce the clutter in your in-box, check out http://www.ftc.gov/spam

~~~~~

Anyways thanks again Rick.

Take care, Dj