Entering only username if domain is vfemail.net

Chat about VFEmail.net feature requests here!

Moderators: Havokmon, linkchaser

Entering only username if domain is vfemail.net

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2004 7:22 pm

A little bit of javascript should allow the user to just enter the username if the domain is vfemail.net (eg. jonhsu instead of jonhsu@vfemail.net). Instead of the login button directly submitting a form, it would call a function that searches for @ in the username field, if it exists then submit form as normal, if not, tack @vfemail.net onto the end and submit.

mach

Post by mach » Sat May 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Above post is me.

Havokmon
Site Admin

Re: Entering only username if domain is vfemail.net

Post by Havokmon » Sat May 08, 2004 9:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:A little bit of javascript should allow the user to just enter the username if the domain is vfemail.net (eg. jonhsu instead of jonhsu@vfemail.net). Instead of the login button directly submitting a form, it would call a function that searches for @ in the username field, if it exists then submit form as normal, if not, tack @vfemail.net onto the end and submit.
That's true - but I like consistancy. For example, it's also possible to make your IMAP folders appear on the same level as your INBOX, rather than subfolders of your INBOX.

The system though, treats them as subfolders - so if you use Eudora, or Outlook, you would not see a consistant folder structure between the web interface and the users chosen client.

I prefer the user have a consistant experience. Web browsers can already remember fields. A user can use that option instead of typing their whole email address.

Rick
VFEmail.net Admin

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2004 7:18 am

That's a good point, having to enter the full email address in a client but only the username in the webmail might be confusing.