How are we doing this days?

General Discussion about VFEmail

Moderators: Havokmon, linkchaser

NYCity

How are we doing this days?

Post by NYCity » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm

To all members of VFemail.net

I have been a member for many years now...and happy with the service we get...how about the rest?
We've had some hiccups over the years... but VFemail has come thru just fine.
I am hopping to here from yous alls.

Bye from New York City

happybirthday

Re: How are we doing this days?

Post by happybirthday » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 am

Great service, great protection - very glad so far that I discovered vfemail back in the days...

Although this forum seems to be a bit quite. Also I posted a short question two times before (how to get the content of the Sent folder via Thunderbird as I only could download the Inbox) and those just did not appear.

Anyhow, great service in the past, hoping the same for the future. :)

NYCity

Post by NYCity » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Yeah
I posted this topic on January 12 in the GENERAL DISCUSSION
its show up, but when i tried to open GENERAL DISCUSSION it didnt show up as a topic
had to go to a NYCITY-> (icon) to read that someone had replyed.
Strange board

linkchaser

Post by linkchaser » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 pm

NYCity, I'm glad vfemail is still online. It's been much better as of late although there are still moments when it acts up. Still much better than not existing at all. :)

happybirthday - I use Thunderbird also. You might try copying an email or 2 From your "Sent" folder to your inbox => then check email to see if it will bring those in.

Hope that works for you.

Take care
Outside the sound and the fury of living is the silence of being alive. We only need to learn how to listen. ~ Author Unknown

mario

Post by mario » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 am

Hello, fine here.

lakrsrool

Post by lakrsrool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

It would appear that the forum is virtually all but dead as a form of support. I've posted something in another board topic and still as of now never did get a reply over a duration of over 2½ months. Apparently as of now any communication is presently left to either Facebook or Twitter (that to be sure I'm of course very grateful to get). :? I can remember when the forum did thankfully get attention in contrast to more recently getting virtually ignored unfortunately. :(

I have to say, it would sure be nice to once again get important updates/information in the "System Updates" board as has been the case in the past. :idea: :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely appreciative and am without a doubt very pleased to be able to continue to have provided the invaluable FFEmail service to me and I'm sure I can safely say that this holds true for everyone else as well but with that said on the other hand one wonders what the point is to have a forum. :?: :lol: To be clear I'm not so much complaining but rather simply reporting the situation and I'd add for further clarification that what really matters is the much appreciated continued support of the email service, period, and anything beyond this is ultimately gravy. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Somewhat Reticent

Post by Somewhat Reticent » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:21 pm

lakrsrool wrote:… I've posted something in another board topic and still as of now never did get a reply over a duration of over 2½ months. Apparently as of now any communication is presently left to either Facebook or Twitter …
You managed to find info on Twitter and Facebook, yet start by whining about being lost in the scramble to cope with DDOS. Not a good lead. Did you try simply emailing Rick (using some other email/webmail - you do have a backup, right?)?

While it's often slow to respond, VFEmail is still one of the best email services around. (My 2¢) :)
(Though I tried to "Save Draft" but couldn't find it under "Manage Drafts".)

NYCity

Post by NYCity » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:12 pm

lakrsrool...
"It would appear that the forum is virtually all but dead as a form of support..... "

That is the reason I posted this TOPIC...hopefully reactivate the forum.
and give THANKS to the guys at VFEMAIL.

lakrsrool

Post by lakrsrool » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Somewhat Reticent wrote:
lakrsrool wrote:… I've posted something in another board topic and still as of now never did get a reply over a duration of over 2½ months. Apparently as of now any communication is presently left to either Facebook or Twitter …
You managed to find info on Twitter and Facebook, yet start by whining about being lost in the scramble to cope with DDOS. Not a good lead. Did you try simply emailing Rick (using some other email/webmail - you do have a backup, right?)?

While it's often slow to respond, VFEmail is still one of the best email services around. (My 2¢) :)
(Though I tried to "Save Draft" but couldn't find it under "Manage Drafts".)
Did you read the rest of my post, I made it unquestionably clear how much I appreciate VFEmail in no uncertain terms. :wink:

And I would add I think beyond that you've missed the entire point of my post in the first place, which is to say it was about the relevance of the forum in regards to usage (attention paid) and not about the email service per say that you've referenced. I don't know about you but not getting replies for 2½ months or more is what I would call a forum that is virtually non-existent. Sure I can get updates off of FB or Twitter, my point is what is the forum about if that's the extent of getting information or help (and I would add that "help" is the key word here actually because that's what is forum is really used for, wouldn't you agree?)

So of course I'm appreciative of the email service (as we all are), but I don't see why it's unreasonable to wonder what the point is to have a forum if it's not getting used for what it's intended. :idea: (you do realize that activity on the "System Updates" board dates back to over a year ago now? :shock: It seems reasonable to me to have the expectation of some kind of "update" news in this specific board at some point over that period of time. :idea:)

Oh and I have a question: What do you mean by asking if I "have a backup"? Can you explain further what it is that you mean by this? If your talking about an alternate Email Client program, well this is only going to provide past messages (not messages subsequent to down-time) if the VFEmail service is down, right? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding, so please explain if so. :?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

NYCity

Post by NYCity » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Geee
I have to apologize,
I hardly ever need help with VFemail.